Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oct 29 Day 25 Exploring the Country and Peoples




During my explorations, I found a nice fixer-upper here in the countryside of Sansepolcro for an ambitious worker!







Another gorgeous weather day and after my last opportunity to have one of Margarita and Alessandra's delicious lunches,
I took off on the bicycle again to explore more farmlands in and around Sansepolcro.  One of the stops was to a lovely cemetery to see the people cleaning their ancestors' graves in the local tradition for Day of the Dead (Nov 1st). 
I have not sufficiently raved about the gorgeous Palazzo Alberti where the Meredith Study Abroad Program is housed.  This is an actual fresco on one of the walls!  The doors are arched, the ceilings high, the shuttered windows lovely. The students and alumnae who come here are truly fortunate - I have loved staying here!

No comments:

Post a Comment