Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oct 17 Day 13 Arezzo



Another day, another festival, but somebody has got to do it.  This time, we went to Arezzo for the International Festival, filled with food from around the world along with some items for sale.  We ate our way through, being offered samples of cheese, chocolate, biscotti, truffles, pastries, breads, etc, etc.  From my new British friends I have learned to describe my weight in "stones" and I can safely say that I have put on a few "stones" on this trip.



 
For some reason, I am taken with the idea of truffles and have been trying to find someone who can take me truffle-hunting with his dog (they no longer use pigs).  These truffles look pretty awful, but they are really delicious - I have had at least 3 meals with truffles so far.



Surprisingly, these belt buckles were for sale in one of the booths!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy...
    We're settling into your beautiful home - love being surrounded by artwork and plants. We brought the lemon tree in and my mother, who has a green thumb, is catching the plants up on watering (she stopped in to help us settle). I've been reading through your blog, and it sounds amazing...so rich in culture. The cats are fine, although Cleo cries outside your door at night. Bob is surprisingly friendly towards us.
    Take care!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete