Monday, October 25, 2010

Oct 25 Day 21 Sansepolcro

A day to re-charge the batteries (in both the literal and figurative sense), post the blogs, do the laundry, mail a huge box to myself (although the Italian woman seemed to tell me that it is impossible to mail a package to oneself and that I must make up a name), buy some linen place mats from Busatti, and do some planning for seeing the Uffizi Gallery, the Amalfi Coast, and a little upcoming trip to Cortona.  Hopefully I will be able to sneak a peek at Frances Mayes' house from her book Under the Tuscan Sun.  Here is her website:  http://www.francesmayesbooks.com/.  Her husband, Ed, is there and I'd love to say hello.

Skype is a wonderful thing, although while on Skype tonight, Emily suggested that "normal" mothers took up ceramics or needlepoint rather than running off to Italy for seven weeks.  It's a good thing that we have video with the Skype because it allowed me to see her smile when she said that.

Since I did not take any photos today, I will post an older one from my trip to Citta di Costello.  Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment