Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nov 13 Day 40 Back to Sansepolcro

A full day of travel - to Sansepolcro and back to Florence - in order to pick up a painting that Mario Baragli created for me!

Taxi - train - bus - walking, then in reverse without the taxi, which was about 7 hours round trip.

I made it back to the convent with 2 minutes to spare (What would happen if I returned after 11 pm?).

Here he is, working on the painting (this is a secret, so don't spill the beans!), which is such a treasure to me.

I will list Mario's website and youtube video below, for he is truly a talented artist, even at 92.  One of his granddaughters is in medical school, and it was a treat to meet her and have her serve as our translator.

It was a warm and special visit, and he asked that I send him a half dozen of my photographs (that he chose) and perhaps he will paint one or two of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KluXyNuelI

Luckily, I was also able to have a visit with Betty and John in the palazzo and say hello to the students.  They had just returned from a day trip to Gubbio.
Tomorrow I will say arrivederci to the nuns, move a bit closer to the city, have my last two cooking classes, and then head out for the driving adventure through southern Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment